As marketers and businesses owners we write headlines all the time, whether it’s for a blog post, an article, an email, a sales letter or an ad.
When it comes to the email side of things, your headline is your subject line. And as you know, the better your subject line, the more people will read your words and possibly take the action you want.
So here are 15 effective email marketing tips you can use for your next subject line.
Next time you’re stuck for what to write, simply refer back to this page. In fact, you might want to print it out and tack it up next to your desk.
Effective Email Marketing Tips For Subject Lines:
- Give news using words such as “new,” “introduction” or “announcing.” “Introducing A Painless Way To Remove Skin Lesions Forever.”
- Use numbers and statistics. “Unprecedented 88 Miles To The Gallon.”
- Make a recommendation. “The 3 Niches You Must Be In NOW.”
- Ask a question. “What Do Successful Marketers Have That You Lack?”
- Tie in to current events. “How The American Presidential Election Provides You With A Unique Investment Opportunity.”
- Give the reader a command, telling him or her to do something. “Try This Weight Loss Snack And See If It Doesn’t Taste Exactly Like A Decadent Candy Bar.”
- Use words that paint a picture. “How To Be As Stacked As Arnold Schwarzenegger In His Prime.”
- Tell a story. “The Bully Laughed When I Fell To The Ground, But He Wasn’t Expecting What Happened Next…”
- Create new terminology. “New Wixor Method Instantly Doubles The Conversion Rate On Your Website.”
- Caution them. “How To Avoid The Costliest Mistake You Can Make In Building Your Online Business.”
- State a startling benefit. “Get Your Own Virtual Assistant For Just $5 An Hour.”
- Tell them your amazing offer. “Everything You Need To Make Your Own Beer, Just $29.”
- Make a comparison. “Get Twice As Many Widgets For Half The Price Of Our Competition.”
- Use a testimonial. “Before Taking This Course I Was Broke, Now I’m Debt Free And Financially Secure.”
- Make a seemingly contradictory promise. “Eat As Much As You Want And Still Lose Weight.”
There you have it 15 effective email marketing tips you can use for your next subject line.
Like I said I’d recommend printing this page out, keeping it on your desk and using it for reference each time your writing a campaign email.
Download’able quote card “15 Effective Email Marketing Tips For Your Next Subject Line…”
Cover Photo by Ian Lamont and covered under Creative Commons