Today, we’re going to talk about some successful marketing Strategies that you can use to influence your customers, leads and potential prospects.
So, What do you want to influence others online to do?
Now, whether you want to change a mind or make a sale, the better you are at influencing, the more you’ll get whatever it is that you want.
With that in mind here are 27 marketing strategies in no particular order to strengthen your own online influence and get more of what you’re after.
1. Pick a sub-topic and become the master of that in your market. The thinner you spread yourself, the less influence you have. That’s why you want to thoroughly cover a specific topic in your market rather than haphazardly trying to cover all of them.
2. Get out of your own online world and into new communities.We tend to get stuck in a rut of our own making, and we view the world from that one perspective that we’ve chosen. But if you’re going to influence others, you need to hang out with them, experience their world and see what makes them tick.
3. Build long term relationships. The longer and better you know someone, the more influence you have in that relationship. Work on making your customers stick to you for years, until they’re sure you’re a friend and there’s no hesitation on their part when you recommend something. The oldest customers are almost always the least skeptical and most trusting because you’ve taken the time to really get to know them.
4. Be authentic and consistent. If you are being your true authentic self, it will show. And in being authentic, you never have to worry about being consistent. You know how a liar has trouble keeping his stories straight? As the real, honest authentic you, you’ll only have one story – yours.
5. Know who your target prospects are and then find other people who already have your prospects as their customer. Now co-create products / services with those people to put yourself in front of your prospects. Instant influence and perfect positioning!
6. Speak for those who are afraid to speak. Sometimes it takes guts to say what needs to be said. Become the person in the cinema who asks the noisy teenagers to be silent, and the rest of the room will love you. It works the same online – be the one to speak up for others and you will have influence over those you speak for.
7. Give. Lots. Often. Too often we are focused on our goals, our business, and on ourselves. Try giving as much as you can and as often as you can without thought of what you might get in return.
8. Be passionate. No one follows a mediocre, middle of the road person. People follow others who are passionate in their beliefs. An ounce of passion will out sway and out position a pound of reasoning and logic nearly every time.
9. Share the internal stuff. Having a nightmare moving your website? Confused by the speaker in the conference you’re sitting in? Thrilled that you just got a great big order? We’re taught to always keep it professional, but it’s through sharing both the good and bad that people feel they know you and your business.
10. Create video content for your market. In your videos, be bold, be passionate, be exciting. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, just correct them and keep going. Be human. Be fun. And distribute your videos like crazy.
11. Share good content today. Tomorrow. Every day.
12. Tell stories. Who doesn’t love stories? And who can’t be influenced by the right story? Learn to become a master at storytelling and you can persuade even the most ardent enemy into joining your side.
13. Focus on a smaller market. It’s hard to position yourself as best in class when you are one of 10,000 bloggers writing about weight loss – it’s easy to be influential when you are writing about weight loss for new mums in the Birmingham area.
14. Choose 5 to 10 people you admire in your industry and gradually get to know them. Share their stuff with your readers, ‘like’ their posts, ask them questions and pull them into your circle of influence. And don’t forget to thank them for what they have done for you, how they have influenced you, for the insights they’ve given you along the way.
15. Share yourself. Share your ideas, your thoughts, your ambitions – share what you’re doing today or what you did today. Not the, “I ate oatmeal” stuff, but rather the, “I thought about my grandad today and wondered what he would do if faced with this decision.” People listen when you share what’s close to your heart.
16. Align yourself with the best people in your market. Not necessarily those who are making the most money, but rather those who are doing the best work and helping the most people. Those are the people you want as partners.
17. Don’t worry about how you’re going to get attention. Instead, make or do something worthwhile, something worth talking about.
18. Be different. Defy convention and do what others aren’t doing and say what others aren’t saying. People notice those who dare to be different.
19. Do interviews. Even if you have to get a friend to interview you, just do it. Get it online and make sure it’s seen by your people.
20. Become an advocate. Identify people on their way up in your niche and help them to succeed. By becoming their advocate, they in turn become yours.
21. Get people talking. People want to express themselves and they want to be heard. But start simple. Ask if they prefer salt or pepper, or what their favorite food is. Work up to the bigger stuff. There may be no greater source of influence and positioning than simply listening – REALLY listening – to your people.
22. Choose who to influence by micro-targeting to find just the right people for your blog – product – market – service. Only want women in their 30’s who work in the Eastend of London? Use Facebook advertising to find those people, and then position yourself as the expert to them.
23. Make connections online, and then every chance you get, meet them in the real world. This might be at a conference, or it might be locally. Nothing beats meeting face to face.
24. Put your business ahead of your own fame. Sure you can become the top dog on a forum, but is it enhancing your business? If not, why are you doing it – for the fame? Keep your eye on your business goals, and if what you’re doing doesn’t further those goals, you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
25. Stop talking about your products and services and start talking about your customer. No matter what you write or say, always keep in mind, “Is this what the customer wants to know? Am I communicating with them, or just tooting my own horn?” They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care is as true today as it was before the Internet.
26. Be the go-to person of your market for content. Filter and aggregate your market content so that your website is a one-stop-shop for the latest news.
27. Have a point of view. Sure, not everyone will share it – but that’s a good thing. Those who do share it will follow you anywhere.
Downloadable Quote Card “Successful Marketing Strategies To Strengthen Your Influence” :